Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A tense episode of...

The Fugitive  That's me.

First on a lousy, cloudy day, I chased elusive patches of sunlight at Colorado Springs' Garden of the Gods. This was about the only sunlight I saw all morning, but I learned a lot about where all the formations were. Will definitely come back when I can get good lighting.

Here are some formations from the Central Garden:



 
The clouds moved in soon after I took those, so I drove further South for the Royal Gorge Bridge. While the sunlight was weak, the winds were very light.
 
I was eager to get some drone footage, I set it up, and--another miracle! My guardian angels delivered again! Suddenly I had a five-minute patch of pretty good light. Vroom-vroom! Up she went!
 
 
Before landing, I flew closer for a final view of the bridge and its deep gorge from the center of the crevasse. What a view!
 
 
And now for the Fugitive moment. I was anxious that the drone might be seen and the park wouldn't like the intrusion--even though everything I have read told me that flying at the gorge is legal. I had the car parked under trees out of sight, just in case.
 
Suddenly, five minutes after I hurriedly packed the drone into my car, I heard a helicopter. It was  flying close to the cliff atop which I was parked. It circled fairly close, but at the cliff edge rather than up over the trees where the car and I were.
 
I don't believe in coincidences, so the minute it turned away toward the visitor center I got out of there--relieved that no cars with flashing lights appeared in the rear-view mirror as I took off down the exit road.
 
Tune in for more pulse-pounding excitement tomorrow!
 
Oh, Thunder and lightning are going on outside...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment