Friday, October 3, 2014

When all the research pays off...

Today was a pleasure. Cold as Antarctica in the dawn hour, but T-shirt time by 10:00 A.M. Love it! So, I raced around trying to collect some good material.

Fall Foliage! I want some Fall foliage!

 
Still the best place I have found after a week of searching. But, the color is spreading...
 
 
Towering above, there are the mountains of the Sierra, including this massif on the road into Yosemite.
 
 
By the by, last evening I was so tired I forgot to include the Phantom's
 
mission over Lake Alpine! It was peaceful and quiet, closed for the season--a joy for a few fishermen...
 
 
 
Just for fun, this is a portion of my drive home from 'work' each day:
 
 
There is a lot of material that I haven't even screened as yet, but I'll catch up tomorrow. I keep finding little treasures I missed. For example, here's Leavitt Meadows, seen from Sonora Pass::
 
 
 
I'm extending my stay two more days to make up for the days I lost to rain and wind early in the trip.
 
Stay tuned! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment