Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A looooong day, but a productive one...

I went about two hours North, taking Route 108 westward to drop in on some lakes West of the Sonora Pass.

Here are a few gems, and there is much more I'll later put on my web site.

I think they may have canceled the Fall foliage for this year, because I struggle to find small groves and immediately stop to photograph them! This is on the road up over the Sonora Pass:

 
It is a dramatic drive, with both mountains and groves of aspens:
 
 
Further West, we look down on Beardsley Reservoir. It looks very close, but several miles of switchback roads (fortunately paved!) lie between this spot and the reservoir. It is a long, winding drive!:
 
 

Here's the reservoir and dam. Interestingly, that long road acts as an wonderful obstacle to impatient visitors, so nobody was here while I was. Peace and quiet reigned!:
 

Another magnificent visual along the 108, this is Donnell Lake and dam from a spectacularly placed overlook:

 
When I arrived at beautiful Pinecrest Lake, I found the resort's season is now over  (The road will be closed in a couple of weeks), and only a few people were here.
 
 
 
 
As I stood on the beach, I noticed that there was no wind! It was a calm day, and the mountains give the lake shelter from any wind.  You know what's coming, right?
 
 
Here's some video, hovering above the deserted beach. Nothing fancy, just stealthily reconnoitering like, say, the NSA. 
 
Like a bird in the sky! Love it!
 
 
On the road again tomorrow, hoping the Fall colors grow and flourish!

No comments:

Post a Comment