Thursday, August 14, 2014

After another five days of awful weather...

Sigh. I've been wanting to get in a lot of practice with the drone to build skills, but wind, rain and clouds are not conducive to getting good material. After the past five days, I feel like a prisoner!
 
Finally, today is a sunny day with just a bit of wind, so I jumped on it . I drove out to the community of Calico Basin, which lies in the shadow of the Calico Hills.. Since I hadn't shown the little community in earlier videos, I include it here. Nice scenic place for a home, isn't it? 
 

 
This is a beautiful place to fly. No trees, lakes or other hazards, and beautiful colors:
 


I'm getting far enough along learning the drone that I need new subject matter. I have a trip to the East Slope of the Sierra Nevada for the Fall foliage coming  I did a scouting visit in June, and this could be a great place for aerial views!  http://www.divexprt.com/HDRphotography/CaliforniaEastSlope.html
 
Of course, one has to keep one's drone out of the trees and the lakes...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment