Sunday, September 22, 2013

Isn't it great being a photographer?...

When I woke up this morning, the skies were clear in Vegas. Since I had 600 miles to go today, the Colorado weather forecast (Sunny, 0% chance of rain) was welcome.

Everything went well for about 350 miles. Then I went under the biggest, blackest cloud I've seen in twenty years (I do remember a famous one that almost sank us out in the Coral Sea). Twenty miles later, I took a picture back at it:



That cloud was the first of two in Utah and a third in Colorado. All had giant lightning bolts flying around, machine-gun-like hailstones, and sound that made your ears ache.

From sunshine to this in a couple of minutes:


Gee, I wonder if it will be nice and clear, with 0% chance of rain again at Dawn tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment