Monday, September 23, 2013

Desperately seeking Sun, not finding any...

I came here at precisely the same time last year, and wore polo shirts and shorts.

I therefore have definitive evidence for the IPCC that the world is cooling!

Since there were no pictures worth taking, I went exploring after I saw about 70 private jets on the local airport. Sure enough, all along the side roads were secluded private lakes and looooooong driveways, some with huge but rather hidden  mansions.

Unfortunately, the conditions on the roads were the kind you find on a polar expedition. So much for photos at Dawn or any other time...


I intended to go up over Independence Pass  http://www.divexprt.com/HDRphotography/2012Colorado/2IndependencePass/IndependencePass.html   , but turned back as I thought about what road conditions would be at 10,000 feet. The wisdom of age...


Wait! Isn't it still September?

One more try for Maroon Bells at dawn. Then it is ten hours from there to Vegas.  Hmmm. wonder if I could hitch a ride on one of those jets...

No comments:

Post a Comment