Friday, June 10, 2011

My car hates me, but...

Yes, I fear another Toyota Rebellion--628 miles today, part of it offroad across the desert. Axle-breaking ruts and the kind of bone-rattling terrain we see in the SUV commercials, but the attractions were worth it.

First, I did manage to get to the Dinosaur Quarry, approximately in the middle of nowhere at all.

Why do all my favorite friends have such impressive teeth? This is an Allosaur: They have found fossil remains of more than forty at this one quarry.
From there I raced to the immense cliffs known as the San Rafael Swell. this is the view from the top of the swell down into Spotted wolf Canyon.




At the end of a very long day, I made a quick trip to the crystal geyser. Unfortunately, it had been erupting for quite a while when I got tthere, so this is only the view as it finishes. As the Terminator said, "I'll be back!"

Off to Spoooooooky Goblin Valley in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment