Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finally, progress...

It is true that some wags might say, 'Compared to what?'

Whatever. I'll take the progress. Dawn was calm. It seems to be the only time that is calm around here. I was on the South shore of Mono Lake when the first red light came over the mountains behind me. Up went the Phantom for a scouting mission.

 
I have more of that for the web site later. By 8:00 I was on my way with mission accomplished.

I drove North to visit Twin Lakes. The !#!$!%! wind had started, so I just shot from the beach. Nice setting for the lakes here:

 


Leaving the lakes I saw one of the patches of aspens showing color here at 7,500 feet. Most of the large groves of trees that are showing color is still up above 10,000 feet, but finally I'm seeing small patches here and there down here. I'm hoping this will be visible at all lower elevations before I have to go home.



Since I was in this area, I raced back up to Chemung Mine. My first trip a few days ago was in the rain, but this time the mine and surroundings were dramatic.




Standing down amid the structures, I thought, 'Why don't I put the drone up? I have a little protection from the wind here.' 



It all began so beautifully.


Alas, once the drone got up there the wind took it and it flew to China. Well, not quite. It landed down below the buildings, precariously balanced on four bushes which had caught it like a net. Indeed, I found the drone because its camera was showing me on my smartphone the view of the buildings that it was seeing

I firmly believe in miracles...

No comments:

Post a Comment