Friday, September 26, 2014

Another day of wind...

It does make getting pictures more difficult, but my time is limited so I keep looking for subjects that can be captured in these conditions. Good grief, today there were whitecaps on Grant Lake!

 
Mammoth Lakes is completing one season (fishing) and preparing for the other (skiing). The remaining fishermen are diehards. The couple in the next cabin are gone fishin' before I make my coffee. Hope they got some fish...
 
The road around the western side of Mary Lake is closed all Winter, but here's the view today as the days grow cooler and the road is soon closed again:
 
 
Returning from Mammoth Lakes, I wound my way on endless dirt roads through the woods (with no help from any !#!$!%! signs) until I reached the parking lot for the Inyo Craters. From the parking lot
one climbs a small mountain on a half-mile trail. The reward for one's effort is this:



And, from a different portion of the trim:

 
 
 
Finishing off a day of challenges, I stopped off at Mandarin Vista,  a high overlook near Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort to view the tall peaks (the Mandarins) off to the West.

 
Please, God, stop the wind and let me get some work done!
 
Amen...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment