Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 13-Winding down at Colorado National Monument...

The weather has held up perfectly since Rocky Mountain National Park. Think I should get out of here before i press my luck too far.

Colorado National Monument is another erosion masterpiece, I high plateau whose perimeter has been eroded into long, deep valleys separated by immense sandstone arms. This is but a portion of Ute Valley:



One of the most spectacular features is Monument Valley:


I admired the crazy folks who climbed Independence Monument! That's it, in the distance above the sign.



Of course, they probably think I'm crazy for having spent all those years diving with sharks...


I'll take the sharks, any day! As I said many times, i can swim up out of an emergency, but if one falls from these places, there is only one outcome...

I'm almost at the end of this odyssey. Colorado will soon throw me out, so ! had better start thinking about getting home before it occurs to them. So far, I've busted a lens and my big tripod. Trying to shoot HDR pictures (which require a steady camera) is getting difficult.

 Still, there are more vertical cliffs to curl my toes over...

No comments:

Post a Comment