Friday, September 21, 2012

A quick change of plans--that worked!

I began the day freezing in the icy dawn light of Maroon Bells. I'll never be the same.


My goodness, that place is cold at night! I'd say something far more colorful, but this is a family show.

While I was there, another photographer happened to mention that there might be rain coming in a day or two. Instantly, I decided to take off for Kebler Pass near Crested Butte. which is famous for its Fall foliage: It was highly recommended by a friend who lives in Colorado and I didn't want to lose my chance to photograph it to bad weather.



As I climbed through the forests closer to Crested Butte, I saw why it has its reputation:



Everywhere, the aspens were blazing on the the mountainsides as I gained altitude.


As an added bonus, the temperature soared and I felt right at home!  I can now feel my fingers!

More adventures tomorrow--newly-flexible fingers are crossed that the rain holds off.

For two weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment