Thursday, September 20, 2012

A brief post from Maroon Bells...

It has been a very exhausting couple of days, , but very early this morning I froze to death at Maroon Bells--but did have a close parkind space.

Maroon Bells may be a one-trick pony, but it is a helluva trick!


There are several beautiful angles, and I shot from the first illumination of the Maroons at first dawn light  (freezing my buns right off!!!) until 10:30, when we were running around in polo shirts..

Still, the full sun shots (and especially with the reflection)  are for me the most expressive.  Here's a shot , for example, from the upper meadows:


After the morning at the Bells, I took off up to Independence Pass and the Continental Divide


This is the high point of the Rockies, where water flows West to the Pacific on one side and East toward the Mississippi on the other;


At this time of year, even the 14,000-foot peaks have lost their snow. I didn't mind, because it is less dramatic but survivable to wusses like me.

The drive winds through Lake Valley, and the aspens were  sublime all along the way!



Much more to do, but it's a terrific start!  Now I desperately need some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment