Sunday, December 19, 2010

He's ba-a-a-a-a-ack!...

After a couple of years of recovery, I finally got back to South Australia for what I believe was my 33rd great white shark expedition.

Ensconced in what Geri Tzimoulis unkindly called the Popemobile,
The Canadian photographer Mark Enarson came oin the trip with his polecam
Mark didn't even get his feet wet and shot some excellent portraits of me with my little friends:
From the cage, two sharks stood out from the seven in the bay. Big Bro was a good-sized male who spent one day making repeated passes
Note the ubiquitous Polecam in the right center below. many of Big Bro's sweeps ended with an attack on the cage
Sometimes giving us the tonsil view
Or even the dentist's-eye view

All in all, Big Bro was a Great Performer!


His pal Little Bro was, on the other hand, a snatch and grab shark, who appeared suddenly from the depths and snatched the bait in a flash

On one dive, Little Bro kept us all waiting for a half-hour, then erupted in a swift attack

More later, but that is a taste.

I'm ba-a-a-a-a-ack...

No comments:

Post a Comment