Saturday, November 7, 2015

Miracles actually happen...

My friends and family laugh and scoff when I tell them that my guardian angels intervene on many occasions when things could go bad.

Yesterday was a perfect example; I went to the Midgley Bridge and decided to fly out over Oak Creek Canyon to get video of its sunny side. The new Inspire Pro has a narrower angle on the camera's lens, so I backed up in order to get both the bridge and Steamboat Rock in the frame.

I'll leave what happens next for you to decide whether this was Divine Intervention...

 
Early in the morning it was 29 degrees, and Flagstaff (a few miles North) had six inches of snow yesterday. Yet by afternoon, temperatures had soared to the mid-70s. I raced around visiting scenic spots that were basking in richly-colored sunlight.
 
'We're off to see the Lizard'...
 
 
Then there was that old favorite, Chimney Rock.
 
 
Then to the Wilson Mountain area, which lies just outside of the city to the North.
 
 
Cathedral Rocks are particularly beautiful in the afternoon:
 
 
Weather for the weekend forecast warm and sunny.  The guardian angels are still on duty...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment