Saturday, August 21, 2010

How about some sharks?...


I was putting some great white footage on my Facebook page and realized that the clips would make a change of pace from the many parks I've photographed lately. In these short sequences, my buddy Andrew Fox was shooting over my shoulder with his video camera.



That clip above is how we get those nice facial portraits of the sharks. Just open the door and offer them your body. Their ccuriosity will bring them clise, and your strobe lights them up. Easy.

Sometimes, offering them your body has unexpected results. Curly here, a curious shark, followed me practically right in through the cage door. That wouldn't be smart, because with no reverse gear, Curly would go berserk trying to escape. So, I helped her miss the opening.



No comments:

Post a Comment