Friday, June 25, 2010

Major expedition today...


Each day is more spectacular. Yesterday I drove from boulder down the Burr Trail. Every mineral color you ever wanted to see.

Then I reached the seven-mile long wonder known as Long Canyon. As you see below, you drive this winding canyon amid walls of brilliant sandstone.



Until you reach the southern exit and look out across more endless miles of beauty.


The I took the drive up into the high mountains (well, 10,000 feet) and reached the entrance of Capitol Reef. Shot a lot of material, but I'll get to it--perhaps tonuight if I'm not too wrung out from the 60-mile 4-wheel drive up to Lower Cathedral Valley. I pray the car (which ages before my eyes each day) holds up. wouldn't want to get stranded out there.

the Disgraced John Edwards used to say there were two Americas. I have discovered the second one--no Fox News, no CNBC and I have sit here in the lobby to get Internet access. Suffer, suffer...

No comments:

Post a Comment