Monday, April 12, 2010

The disaster at Sedona...

Some good things come to an end, and others never get started.

A couple of weeks ago, my main wide-angle lens fell on the ground while I was using the big telephoto lens to shoot skydivers. Today, I shot a lot of images all over Sedona--and they are all out of focus because the focus on that lens that fell is jammed. Can't even force it to infinity, the setting I use to shoot all these landscapes.

The conditions were perfect, too. !#!$!%!^!&! I've canceled and will go home tomorrow, get another lens and come back May 24.

I'm trying to be philosophical. I've had so much good luck on these trips, I can't complain--and who would listen, anyway? I can come back next month knowing all I do now after running to all the sites today.

Driving home in the morning. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment